Okay guys, so I haven’t done a blog post yet about my top 10’s, but today I decided it would be great to make one about the top 10 foods I can’t live without, since my stomach was growling in the library this afternoon from having not eaten since this morning. My focus today was to get in as much studying as possible to prepare myself for my upcoming tests, but sometimes we need to realize that although we are keeping ourselves occupied, we still need to make time to feed our bodies, and our brains!
I ended up leaving the library about 2 hours in to being there because my hnger ques were saying “Sara, you need food”. I feel so blessed to be able to recongize these ques after so much time of not knowing when I was or wasn’t hungry, and regardless, if you are not hungry you can still eat! For me though, it is a struggle I tend to face because of my ultimate fear of letting food have more power over me.
Today I want to share the top 10 foods I cannot live without, and I’m hoping that some sound appealing to your eyes as they do to mine
- Apples (with peanut butter preferably)
- Hummus (not sure if this count because it’s a spread but it delicious and I’ll eat in on bread, with veggies, or by it’s self)
- Eggs- eggs have always been of favourite of mine, and I’m one of those people who will eat any kind of egg, sunnyside up, scrambled, hardboiled, you name it. I’ll eat eggs for breakfast, or lunch, and even dinner! Eggs are my go-to source of protein when we aren’t having an type of meat served at dinner time.
- Bananas. I love bananas, and there is nothing wrong with eating a whole one if anyone were to tell you otherwise. Bananas are an amazing fruit, you could literally survive off of banana’s if you chose to. They are great by themselves or in bread, smoothies, dipped or coated, frozen, you name it. They are the bomb of all fruit.
- Oatmeal- go to breakfast item at my work (McDonald’s)
- Tea, I know this is a drink, but without tea I don’t know how the world would go round
- Chicken noodle soup-it’s been an all time favourite since childhood
- Pizza, my absolute favourite food when I’m hungry. It covers all the essential nutrients and tastes so gooood when it’s warm, but just as yummy when it’s cold too!
- Sweet Potatoes – so delicious, so nutritious
- Chocolate milk/chocolate soy milk
There are not part of the top 10, but they sure do come close:
Chicken/chicken fingers, French toast, French fries, cheesecake, Pillsbury cookies for Easter, Halloween, Christmas, ect. Cinnamon raisin bagels, avocados, chickpeas, crepes, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, grapes, peaches, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, sour croute, almonds, butter, popcorn, ice-cream, frozen yogurt, noodles, chicken noodle soup, plain dinner rolls, pizza bites, waffles, pancakes, cupcakes, pie, gingerbread, pumpkin spice tea/lattes, apple spice muffins, double chocolate muffins, hamburgers, bacon, turkey, ham, hotdogs, grilled cheese, macaroni, spaghetti, tacos, fjitas, English muffins, butter, gravy, syrup, dunkaroos, granola, pomegranate, holy cow there are so many options for our bodies, lets embrace that and be thankful for our variety and accessability and joy for FOOD! ❤